Health and Relaxation
Code of Ethics
ICRT Reiki Membership Association
Code of Ethics
1. Confidentiality: No information about the client will be disclosed to any third party without the written
consent of the client or the parent or guardian if the client is under 18.
2. Transparency: Include on your website and be willing to explain to prospective clients or students your
training background, what takes place in a Reiki session, the subjects covered in your classes, the amount
of time spent in sessions and classes and the fee charged.
3. Integrity: Be honest in all your activities and communication.
4. Support: Have a friendly, positive regard toward your clients and students and openly encourage them
to heal and to do the best job possible with their Reiki practice and/or teaching program.
5. Respect: Value your clients and students and treat them with respect. Never engage in any illegal or
immoral activity with your clients or students. Never touch their genital area or breasts, never ask them to
disrobe, and never make sexual comments, jokes or references. Abstain from the use of drugs or alcohol
during all professional activities.
6. Honor: Honor all Reiki practitioners and teachers regardless of lineage or organizational affiliation.
Refrain from making negative statements about other Reiki practitioners or teachers.
7. Educate: Inform your clients and student about the value of Reiki sessions and that they do not provide
a cure and are not a substitute for care by a licensed health care provider.
8. Refer: Acknowledge that Reiki works in conjunction with other forms of medical or psychological care. If
a client or student has a medical or psychological condition, suggest, in addition to giving them Reiki
sessions, they see a licensed health care provider.
9. Non-Interference: Never diagnose medical or psychological conditions or prescribe medications. Never
suggest that a client change or end dosages of substances prescribed by other licensed health care
providers or suggest the client change prescribed treatment or interfere with the treatment of a licensed
health care provider.
10.Honesty: Never use another person’s copyrighted material in your classes, website or literature without
permission and giving credit.
11. Freedom: Encourage your students to use their own inner guidance in determining who to take classes
from including the possibility of studying with more than one teacher.
12. Professional Conduct: Always act in such a way so as to create and maintain a professional image for
the practice of Reiki and for the ICRT Reiki Membership Association.
13.Development: Be involved in the continuing process of healing yourself on all
levels so as to fully express the essence of Reiki in all you do. Be in agreement with
and working to fully express the Usui Ideals and the ICRT Center Philosophy.
14.Gratitude: Be grateful for the gift of Reiki and for each client and student who
chooses to come to you.